In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Snapshot Stories.” – Our ancestor village – Tiwaripur, near Kanpur – UP, INDIA.
Visited after 40 years and found almost nothing much changed except for few…
- Roads were better – so we can drive car upto the house entrance.
- Toilets inside the house – so you don’t have to go outside.
- Biggest change – everyone had a cell phone!!!
- Electricity still cut for 4-6 hours everyday – so lot of quiet time – which I enjoyed.
- Good time with family and relatives. In a village almost all are related to you in some way.